Watson’s Harverene Resort and Shadow Bay Belgians will welcome the Washington Nashville Country Stars to Lake Chelan. On Saturday, June 24, 2017, at 6 p.m. High school students from around Washington state will perform a mix of classic country and 50’s and 60’s rock and roll.
Prior to the summer concerts, the Annual Washington Nashville Country Stars is a singing competition open to Washington State high school students. Singers take part in qualifying rounds that all lead up to the championship round in which finalists compete for the top prize of $1,500.
2017 finalists included:
- Abigail Neilson – Stadium HS – Tacoma
- Anya Grimm – Sehome HS – Bellingham
- Aracely Renteria – Eastmont HS – East Wenatchee
- Arthur Keast – Gig Harbor HS
- Audrey Collins – Kennedy Catholic – Burien
- Faith Faucheux – Richland HS
- Hannah Rickords – College Place HS (Walla Walla)
- Jessa Moomaw – Gig Harbor HS
- Madison Knight – Connell HS
- Megan Harper – Lakeside HS – Nine Mile Falls
- Narya Naillon – Oroville HS
- Paige Lawson – Gig Harbor HS
- Riley Hardy – Walla Walla Academy
- Sarah Bradshaw – Almira Coulee Hartline HS
- Sierra Blackburn – Eastmont HS – East Wenatchee
- Taleigh Bockmann – Upper Columbia Academy – Spangle
The Country Stars will perform at Watson’s Shadow Bay Belgian Farm at Lake Chelan. Admission for the event is $8 and parking is free. Guests are encouraged to bring their own chairs to the event, but please leave Fido at home. Concessions will be available with 100% of the event proceeds going to the Nashville Stars.
Watson’s Shadow Bay Belgian Farm and Harverene Resort is located at 7750 S. Lakeshore Rd. in Chelan. Follow the signs to the event. More information can be found at Watson’s Haverene Resort Facebook page.
To learn more about Washington’s Nashville Country Stars, visit their website or visit their Facebook page.
(By Christine Eagar)