UPDATE – Basketball Tournament attracts 108 teams!
It’s time to register your basketball teams for the Lake Chelan Slam ‘N’ Jam Basketball Tournament which is played on August 19–20, 2017, at Don Morse Memorial Park in Chelan, WA. Volunteers are also welcome to sign-up. All of this information and more can be found at the Lake Chelan Slam ‘N’ Jam website.
This annual basketball tournament is run by volunteers to raise money for Chelan’s Youth AAU Programs.
TEAM REGISTRATION INFORMATION
- Your entry fee must accompany this registration form. The total team fee is $100.00. To enter a team in the tournament, fill out a registration form and mail it in with your entry fee to: Chelan Parks Department, Attn: M. Haerling, PO Box 1669, Chelan, WA 98816. Make your check payable to “Lake Chelan Slam ‘N Jam”. Do not send cash. Event information and registration verification will be sent to the team captain after your entry form has been received. There are no refunds once you’ve submitted your registration.
- This registration form must be completely filled out and signed by every team member. Make sure addresses are legible and complete, in-cluding ZIP codes and telephone numbers. Please give your team a name. After your registration form has been received and processed, all player changes must be approved by the Event Organizers.
- Each team consists of 3 or 4 players, 8 years old or older. All games must start with at least three (3) players on each team. Any number of players may complete a game. Teams with 3 or 4 players pay the same team entry fee of $100.00. Players may be registered to only one (1) team.
- Attention Minors! Both you and your parent or guardian must sign the “Release, Waiver & Sportsmanship Pledge”. Teams will not be registered without these signatures. Also, minors MUST be accompanied by a parent AT EACH GAME.
- Event organizers reserve the right to “spot check” a player’s entry form data. Valid identification must be brought with you showing your date of birth. If you do not have picture I.D., you must bring a copy of your birth certificate. False information will be grounds for dismissal from the tournament. All players in the 6ft. and under category will be measured.
- All players who register by the deadline 8/7/17 will receive an event t-shirt. If we accept a late registration, you will NOT get a t-shirt.
- Adverse weather conditions and unplayable situations may result in modification or the cancellation of the event. Under these unlikely circumstances, each player who registered by the deadline will still receive a T-shirt, however under NO circumstances will the entry fee be refunded.
- Please book your lodging accommodations early! Visit the Lake Chelan Chamber of Commerce at www.lakechelan.com
- Event Info: CONTACT Mike Haerling, (509) 670-0180 or email@example.com.
Also find information on the Lake Chelan Slam ‘N’ Jam FaceBook Page.
The commitment and service of local volunteers is the key to sustaining Lake Chelan Slam n’ Jam.
Please help us make this event a great experience for everyone and to help raise funds for our local Youth AAU Programs. If you enjoy basketball and can supervise/monitor a court, or officiate youth games, you can take part in the event as a court monitor.
A court monitor must be willing to learn the rules of our tournament and enforce them during the competition. Court monitors must agree to go through a brief 20 minute training seminar prior to the event. All court monitors will receive a t-shirt in appreciation for their time and BBQ Lunch will be provided.
If being a court monitor isn’t what you are looking for, opportunities do exist with registration, results, set-up, tear down courts and other duties. You don’t have to be a basketball expert to help with Lake Chelan Slam N’ Jam.
If you’d like to help, please contact Mike Haerling at firstname.lastname@example.org or (509) 670-0180.
(Courtesy of Lake Chelan Slam ‘N’ Jam Basketball Tournament)