Chelan Athletics is proud to present this week’s Student Athlete of the Week’s Winners and Nominees.
Each week student athletes are nominated by coaches, and then decided by Athletic Director and Administration from each school. Each winner receives a certificate, a free cheeseburger, fries and a drink from B.C. MacDonald’s, and their picture hung outside Chelan HS/MS athletic office for the week.
The Chelan High School Student Athlete of the Week is Emma McLaren, who plays varsity volleyball.
“Whether the team is playing a league match, non-league match, tournament or just at practice, Emma is a positive role model,” Coach Jenifer Rainville said. “She is full of energy and enthusiasm. Emma plays a big role on the court each day. She plays front row and back row and is one of the natural leaders. Emma has strong communication skills, a vision for the team, she is consistent, a role-model and has grace-under-pressure. She could be nominated each and every week.”
Emma was noted for the Chelan volleyball game vs. Cascade. She led team in kills and 100% in serves. she is described as a leader on the court, is coachable and is strong under pressure.
Other CHS nominees were:
- Hunter Lehmbecker – Football – 5 Pancake blocks, no bad snaps, leadership with new Freshman Quarterback
- Mia Bordner – Soccer – Anchors defense each week, endless effort to improve. Countless steals and clearances.
- Anndrick Espana – Cross Country – Ran #3 on team, continues to improve
- Emilie Barnes – Cross Country -Ran as #1 at Lakewoood’s Nike Hole in the Wall Invite
- Leanna Garfoot – Volleyball – Led the team, mentally tough, served .917 with 4 aces, 9 kills, 11 assists
The Chelan Middle School Student Athlete of the Week is Morgyn Harrison. Morgan plays volleyball.
“Morgyn had terrific setting, serving, and leadership in a tough match vs Icicle River,” Coach Linda Reister said.
Other CMS nominees were:
- JahirGarduno – 8th Football – Defensively amazing, just made big plays
- Calean Rothlisberger – 7th Volleyball – Led victory with 13 serves in a row, works hard
- Ben Ho – 7th grade Football – Great teammate
- Cray Silva – Cross Country – 1st place at Lake Chelan State Park, great runner
Lake Chelan Schools want to thank Brent and Afni of B.C. McDonald’s for their support of Lake Chelan schools and its Student Athletes!
(Submitted by Rob Rainville)