The Lake Chelan Arts Council and Main Street Gallery in Chelan welcomes Tracy Felix to Chelan on May 30 and 31 for her annual workshop on Contemporary Acrylics: Painting in Layers and 3D Collage.
Tue, May 30 – 10:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Wed, May 31 – 10:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Cost is $175 for two days
Classes held at Lake Chelan Fire Station community room
232 E. Wapato Ave, Chelan, WA
Tracy’s annual workshop is designed to get you painting and having fun experimenting with new techniques. For this class, Tracy will teach you new ways to embed papers into an acrylic painting, and also objects like buttons, jewelry and even small ceramic items.
You can choose to create either an abstract floral or a portrait to which you can add a plethora of cool embellishments, or you make it a non-representational abstract. Whatever you choose, this dynamic class will give you some new ways to think about working in acrylics. Tracy will walk you through it step by step.
You will leave with a beautiful finished painting!
Two days of painting time will allow you to work at your own pace. This is a dynamic, fun class.
Please RSVP to Tracy Felix at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions, please contact her at (425) 770-4658 or contact Barb Koenig at (509) 682-9781. Make your payment of cash or check directly to Tracy at workshop.
This class is sponsored by Lake Chelan Arts Council and Main Street Gallery, Chelan.
Supply List provided by Tracy Felix for Contemporary Acrylics: Painting in Layers with 3D Collage
Tracy has an art store called ARTspot, in Edmonds, WA. Contact ARTspot at (425) 640-6408 to purchase anything you need for the class, and Tracy will bring supplies to Chelan for you.
- Palette: You can use a rectangular Tupperware type container with lid, or you can purchase a sealing palette for acrylics to keep paints from drying out. Tracy recommends the Artelier Airtight Peel-Off Palette.
- Paint: Selection of acrylic artist quality acrylic paints. Golden Color Theory Set of 8 colors is a perfect set to start with.
- Canvas: 11×14, 16×16, 16×20”, 16×16, 18×18 or similar size stretched canvas (not panels).
- Mediums: Acrylic ‘regular’ gel medium: 8 oz (gloss, semi-gloss or matte), acrylic ‘heavy or extra heavy’ gel medium: 8 oz (gloss, semi-gloss or matte)
- Optional if you would like to create 3-D effects with Stencils: Molding Pastes – 8 oz (light, regular, or heavy). If you already have some of these, bring a variety. ARTspot has pastes in ‘Golden’ brand and also in tubes by ‘Pebeo’, which are a little cheaper and will work just fine for our purposes.
- Brushes: Acrylic bristol brushes and variety. I love #8, 10 and 12 flats and filberts. Bring any brushes you already have.
- Flat-sided palette knife
- Stencils: Tracy will bring a selection of stencils for purchase during the class. This is great to have a chance to shop for some fun supplies at the workshop.
- Other: Collage materials you like, although I will have a selection of papers for you to use. This can be any kind of paper, maps, journal pages, pieces of watercolor paintings, handmade papers, calendar pages, gift wrap paper, old photos, music sheets.
- Ephemera: These will go into the painting! Any assortment of jewelry findings, small ceramic bits, fabric, or even small stones. This is a great way to utilize old earrings or broken jewelry bits. In the two examples you will see buttons, beads, bits of poetry, in the portrait ‘Hair’. There are ceramic disks and googly eyes in the floral painting, to give you examples of anything goes.
- 6×6 or 12×12 stencil of your choice: ARTspot carries artist designed stencils by TCW (The Crafters Workshop). Tracy uses these specifically for the patterning effects they provide, or bring some stencils you already have.
- Spray bottle for water & an apron or old shirt
(Submitted by Lake Chelan Arts Council)