Power Outage & Road Closure on Wednesday, Oct. 11
Work continues on the south shore of Lake Chelan at Slide Ridge to replace fire-damaged communication facilities. On Wednesday, Oct. 11, 2017, there will be a power outage between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. to reenergize the power lines to Slide Ridge. Customers on South Lakeshore Road from the Yacht Club north to the end of the road will be affected.
In addition, it will be necessary to close South Lakeshore Drive on either side of Morning Sun Estates, just north of the Lake Chelan Yacht Club at about milepost 22 from 9 – 11 a.m. Traffic will not be able to avoid this road closure. Emergency response agencies have been notified.
The road closure is necessary to remove an old pole and reset a new pole. Crews will be using a crane. As soon as the work using the crane is finished, the road will be reopened.
To Chelan County PUD customers:
Work to reenergize the Slide Ridge electrical line will make it necessary to interrupt your service on Wednesday, Oct. 11 . We wanted to let you know so that you can plan for being without electricity for up to four hours.
- The outage is planned for 9 a.m. and may last as long as 4 p.m.
- The outage impacts customers up lake from the Lake Chelan Yacht Club to the end of the road
- The PUD will be replacing a pole at the bottom of Slide Ridge, about twenty-two miles up South
- Lakeshore Road
- PUD crews will use a crane to set the new pole and remove the old pole
- Use of the crane will close South Lakeshore Road in this area from 9 – 11 a.m.
- Once the crane is done working, both lanes will be re-opened
- If you have questions, please contact Teka (509) 661-4294 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(Submitted by Chelan PUD Customer Service Department)