The Lake Chelan Ladies Golf Club held their weekly competition at the Lake Chelan Municipal golf club on Thursday, June 15, 2017. The game was “Your Choice.” Before playing, each player chooses 3 par 3s, 3 par 4s and 3 par 5s less half handicap. Only 13 lady golfers had enough time and energy to make it to the Thursday competition, as 21 Chelan ladies played in Leavenworth’s Alpine Invitational the day before and the team was at Yakima Elks this Thursday.
Weekly Competition – Again this week the number of players by division dictates the number of winners per division.
- Division 1 was 1st Joan Pierce (34).
- Division 2 was 1st Judy Johanson (35.5).
- Division 3 winners were 1st Jani Sharp (32) and 2nd Linda Parker (34).
- No Birdies were made but Chip-ins went to Judy Johanson (#16), Mary Couchee (#14), Linda Parker (#15).
Competition for Thursday, June 22 is “All Fours” using total score of all par 4s less half handicap. Tee off time is 8:30 p.m., please check in by 8 p.m.
Alpine Invitational – We are proud of all our winners and especially proud of Linda Reister who made a hole-in-one on hole #18!
- In First Flight, Elona Teague earned 2nd Net.
- In Second Flight, Carol Ferguson was 1st Gross and Candace Farnsworth 4th Gross.
- In Fourth Flight, MaryJo DuRuz 1st Gross, Judy Johanson 3rd Gross, and Joni Dedo 3rd Net.
- MaryJo DuRuz was on the 1st place and Judy Johanson on the 3rd place Team Best Balls.
- On hole 8 the KP (closest to the pin) went to 2nd Flight Carol Ferguson (7’11”) and 4th Flight Janet Kophs (14’6”)
Apple Valley Team members this week were April Talley, Barb Rayburn, Elona Teague, Corky Sessous, Linda Reister, and Candace Farnsworth for matches at Yakima Elks versus the Apple Tree team. The results will be available next week.
Ladies Member-Guest theme is Almost Fashionable on July 27 with sign ups beginning on June 29. Forms will be emailed by June 25. Contact Jani Sharp with questions and comment email@example.com (425) 478-0538.
Nine n’ Dine – Monday afternoons all golfers are welcome to join the fun. Sign up by Saturday for the following Monday at CJs on the Course (509) 630-8353. Nine n’ Dine is played each Monday starting at 3:30 p.m. and tee off at 4 p.m. with 6 p.m. dinner.
(By Mary Couchee)