Lake Chelan School District is hiring a full-time Construction and Design Teacher beginning with the 2017–2018 school year.
This teaching position will focus on current industry and educational best practices in the areas of residential carpentry, design and engineering; as well as the implementation of technology systems to create and build challenging projects that emphasize problem solving skills, collaboration and critical thinking.
Qualifications to include:
- CTE Construction Trades certification and/or the ability to qualify for CTE certification based on industry experience.
- Familiarity with the Washington State CTE (Career and Technical Education) program standards and current initiatives.
- Familiarity with Career and Technology curriculum frameworks.
- Demonstrated success in developing business partnerships and working with advisory committees.
- Prior teaching/experience preferred.
- Industrial First Aid Certificate.
Key performance requirements/responsibilities:
- Develop and implement lessons related to Residential Carpentry and Introduction to Engineering & Design.
- Teach and maintain exemplary safety practices.
- Provide group and individualized instruction utilizing effective teaching strategies.
- Knowledge of current safety practices in the field.
- Ability to work closely with students in managing project-based learning experiences.
- Welding experience preferred.
- Assist students in developing an individualized learning plan to prepare for employment or advanced training.
- Participate in CTE Advisory Committee.
- Liaisons with organizations to provide related opportunities for students.
Position open until filled:
Current LCSD employees need to apply through Employee Access. To log into Employee Access use the Skyward link located on the main page of our district website.
Interested applicants are asked to complete a Fast Track online application located on the district website at: www.chelanschools.org.
For questions about this position please contact Crosby Carpenter, CTE Director at 509-682-4061. For application questions, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-682-3515.
The Lake Chelan School District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employee has been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: TITLE IX COORDINATOR / CIVIL RIGHTS COMPLIANCE COORDINATOR: Human Resources Director, Tamar Burns, PO Box 369, Chelan, WA 98816; 509- 682-3515; email@example.com SECTION 504 / ADA COORDINATOR: Special Programs Director, Mr. Kelly Kronbauer, PO Box 369, Chelan, WA 98816; 509-682-7744; firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Submitted by Georgia Mashayekh, Lake Chelan School District)