On Tuesday, Nov. 14, 2017, Lake Chelan will recognize World Diabetes Day. All Manson and Chelan families and residents are invited to attend a presentation and event from 6-7 p.m. at the Chelan High School Performing Arts Center (PAC).
There will be a variety of activities at the event designed to help the community learn more about Diabetes and risks, as well as prevention strategies:
- Family Physician Amy Ellingson, MD of Lake Chelan Community Hospital and Clinics will give a presentation.
- Chelan High School Med Club will give a performance.
- Chelan Hospital EMS will provide glucose testing.
- There will be information booths by Meg Raines, Columbia Valley Community Health, a hospital dietitian.
- There will be healthy snacks and raffle prizes.
This event is funded by Lake Chelan Health & Wellness Foundation.
(Submitted by Lake Chelan Health & Wellness Foundation)