The warm temperatures and smoke in the Lake Chelan Valley did not deter 22 members of the Lake Chelan Ladies Golf Club for Monthly Medal competition held on Thursday, August 3, 2017.
Monthly Medal Competition
The first Thursday of each month is the Monthly Medal competition with golfers competing within their handicap division for Low Gross (all strokes), Low Net (Gross minus full handicap), and Fewest Putts.
- Low Gross honors went to 1st place April Talley (91) and 2nd place Elona Teague (95).
- Low Net was 1st place Janet Foyle (72) and 2nd place Jaclyn Starr-Evans (74).
- Fewest Putts were made by Elona Teague (29).
In Division 2
- Low Gross was 1st place Roxanne Emerson (96) and 2nd place MaryJo DuRuz (107).
- Low Net awards went to 1st place Alice Soma (75) and 2nd a tie between Judy Johanson and Janet Kophs (82).
- Fewest Putts went to Alice Soma (28).
- Low Gross winners were 1st place Karen Erickson (107) and 2nd place Jane Storms (118).
- Low Net went to 1st place Bobbi Kludt (76) and 2nd place Pam Zent (77).
- Fewest putts was a three-way tie between Karen Erickson, Pam Zent and Jane Storms (31).
Only one Birdie this week going to Elona Teague (#11).
Chip-ins were made by Elona Teague (#11), Barb Rayburn (#4), Carol Ferguson (#17), Roxanne Emerson (#6), Sherry Fisk (#1), Alice Soma (#11), MaryJo DuRuz (#3).
Next week’s competition is Even 9, where the gross score of even numbered holes less half handicap determines the winners. Tee off time is 8 a.m, please check in by 7:30 a.m.
Club President Kathy Cary wishes the best of luck to everyone playing the Club Championship starting with Round 1 on Thursday, August 10. The Club Championship is 54 holes of medal (stroke) play to be played Aug. 10, Aug. 15 and Aug. 17.
All flights will be played without handicaps, and the Club Champion will be the player with the overall lowest gross score regardless of the flight in which she competed. Runner-up will be the player with the second overall lowest gross score. A winner for each flight will then be decided based on lowest gross score of the flight for the three days. Handicaps will be used to determine and award the player with the lowest overall net score for the three days.
Tournament Chairperson Joni Dedo should be contacted via phone at (206) 354-5684 or email at email@example.com.
“Let’s Par-Tee!” is the theme for this year’s Invitational to be held on September 14, 2017. Registration forms were emailed to Lake Chelan Ladies Club members and then to other clubs. Forms are also available in the locker room. Contact Invitational Chairperson Sherry Fisk at (509) 393-9715 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
(By Mary Couchee)