On Thursday, July 20, 2017, twenty-eight women from the Lake Chelan Ladies Golf Club and one guest participated in Medal Play where regular stroke play less handicap gives the game score.
Weekly Competition results from July 20
- Winners for the field were April Talley (92) for Low Gross of Field, and Joan Pierce (68) for Low Net of Field.
- Division 1 winners were Linda Reister and Carol Ferguson (73) in a tie for First place.
- Division 2 winners were Joni Dedo and Judy Johanson (76) also a tie for First.
- Division 3 winners were Karen Erickson (69) First Place, and Second Place was a tie between Pam Zent and Susie Martin (71).
- Birdies were made by Bonnie Fortner (#8) and Karen Holst (#7).
- Chip-ins went to Barb Rayburn (#17), Linda Reister (#6), Bonnie Fortner (#8), Karen Holst (#7), Joan Pierce ( #6), Judy Johanson (#2), Bev Cooks (#2), Patty Myers (#10), Pam Zent (#9).
- In the Side Game KP (closest to the pin) on hole #18, Bonnie Fortner was the big winner.
Member-Guest Event – July 27
This week the Member-Guest Event takes place on Thursday, July 27, so there is no weekly competition. It begins at 7:30 a.m. with a continental style breakfast, followed by a short meeting to discuss this year’s games. There will also be some time built in to buy ‘Arms Length’ tickets. Tee off is at 8:30 a.m. A salad bar lunch will follow, and then the club will announce who earned prizes, including prizes for the best ALMOST FASHIONABLE outfit.
The Member-Guest committee members, Jani Sharp, Mary Couchee, Jane Storms, and MaryJo DuRuz are already thanking members and guests like Deanna Sullivan and Judy Geisinger who have volunteered to help.
Monthly Medal – August 3
The following week on August 3 will be Monthly Medal competition, with tee-off time at 8 a.m. Please check in by 7:30 a.m. The August monthly meeting will follow play on August 3 with a focus on the 47th Ladies Invitational, set to be held September 14, 2017.
Club Championship – August 10, 15, 17
Sign-ups have begun for the Club Championship 54 holes of stoke competition on August 10, 15, and 17. Members must have played on five Thursdays to be eligible. The sign-up sheet is in the locker room or contact Joni Dedo. The 2016 Club Champion April Talley and Runner-up Barb Rayburn are ready to defend their titles.
(By Mary Couchee)