There are a lot of numbers swirling around out there regarding the proposed Lake Chelan Community Hospital Levy. So what are the facts?
There’s an information and FAQ page that provided to the public on the Lake Chelan Community Hospital website. http://lakechelancommunityhospital.com/proposed-hospital-information-and-faq/
- The proposition for a new hospital building is on the April 25, 2017 ballot.
- The proposed levy is a 30-year capital bond measure for $20 million to help fund construction of a 77,000 square foot hospital facility.
How much will it cost?
- The hospital district is asking voters for $20 million. The remaining $24.5 million will be funded by the hospital, grants and the LCCH Foundation.
What is your property tax impact?
- If measure passes, an assessed home value of $300,000 would be taxed at an estimated rate of $10 per month. The estimated rate is .38 cents per $1,000 of assessed home value.
- The FAQ website provides a calculator that allows you to simply enter your home’s property assessed value to see your estimated cost per month for the new hospital.
How does the public view Hospital Facility Reports?
- Hospital Facility Reports are available to the public at the Lake Chelan Community Hospital website, under Facility Reports on top menu.
There in more information at the FAQ webpage, explaining the process taken by the Hospital Board of Commissioners and reasons that the Board voted to approve taking the Levy to a vote. Voters will get to choose on April 25, 2017, whether they agree or disagree with this proposed course of action.
Residents with questions are welcome to call (509) 726-6006 or e-mail email@example.com to schedule a hospital tour or a meeting with Lake Chelan Community Hospital CEO Kevin Abel.
For additional information from past coverage of the issues, here are a number of articles that you can read published by GoLakeChelan.com.
- Feb 23, 2017 – Hospital Board of Commissioners views renderings of proposed new hospital, hears quarterly reports
- Jan, 25, 2017 – LCCH Board of Commissioners approve resolution to take the “vote for a new hospital” to the people
- November 30, 2016 – Hospital commissioners review financials for new hospital, including a USDA loan program and bond levy rates
- Oct. 26, 2016 – Hospital Board of Commissioners approves public vote for relocation of hospital, with one abstention
- Oct. 7 – 2016 – Community gives input on the future of Lake Chelan Community Hospital and Clinics facilities
- Sep. 15, 2016 – More than a dozen Chelan Valley physicians voice that they want change to the Lake Chelan Community Hospital facility
(By Christine Eagar)