The Chelan Tennis Teams played at Cashmere on Tuesday, April 18, 2017. The boys kept their undefeated streak going as a unit. They are now 3-0 in the league and 5-0 overall.
In boys singles, Chelan’s Henry Elsner defeated Ryan Cooper. “The 4-4 game in the second set was the best overall game I’ve seen this season,” Coach Marty Rothlisberger said. “And the winning point in that 4-4 game, to make it 5-4, was the best point I’ve seen this season. That point helped seal the win for the boys team.”
Boys Tennis Scores: Chelan 3, Cashmere 2
- #1 Singles: Tyler Kert (Cash) def Bryce Robison 6-0, 6-1
- #2 Singles: Henry Elsner (Che) def Ryan Cooper 6-1, 6-4
- #3 Singles: Jason Kenoyer (Cash) def Rylan Anderson 7-5, 6-3
- #1 Doubles: Collin Hendricks-Micah Larson (Che) def Lukeas Qualtier-Huber Farias 6-1, 6-2
- #2 Doubles: Wyatt Habich-Alex Gavin (Che) def Gavin McCabe-Matt Powell 6-1, 6-0
“This was a battle of unbeatens in the league, and we feel fortunate to come away with the win,” Coach Rothlisberger said.
Girls Tennis Scores: Cashmere 3, Chelan 2
- #1 Singles: Paiton Wagner (Cash) def Emma McLaren 6-0, 6-0
- #2 Singles: Aleah Kert (Cash) def Abby Martin 6-0, 6-0
- #3 Singles: Skylar Larson (Cash) def Nora Hollingsworth 6-1, 6-1
- #1 Doubles: Sierra Rothlisberger-Madeline Peebles (Che) def Anna Van Elst-Gabby Covarrubias 6-2, 6-1
- #2 Doubles: Sydney Hawkins-Elli Vegdahl-Crowell (Che) def Alex Gonzalez-Caryn Jagla 6-1, 7-5
“The Cashmere girls have about as talented a singles lineup as you’ll find anywhere,” Rothlisberger said. “We need to find a way to win matches 3-2 rather than lose 2-3!” The girls are 1-2 in the league and have a 3-2 record overall.
The teams play Cascade next in Cashmere on Saturday, April 22, 2017.
(Reported by Coach Marty Rothlisberger)