Each week, Chelan High School/Middle School coaches nominate a Student Athlete of the Week from their programs. Here are the nominees and the winners for this week.
“Wendy scored two goals against Tonasket that kept the Goats in the game. She has been a solid scorer and player so far this year,” Coach Michael Tucker said.
Other high school nominees were:
- Quinn Stamps – Achieved 10 for 19 and 146 yards and 3 touchdowns.
- Taylor Boykin – Helped victory over Eastmont with 13 assists and 100% serving.
- Kailynn Boykin – For her leadership and grit, filling an additional role and enthusiasm.
- Ezequiel Campos – First race of his life and was #4 runner on varsity. Ran a tough race.
Chelan Middle School Student Athlete of the Week is Olivia Strandberg! Olivia plays volleyball.
“Olivia had 25 serves in a row in the second set, and 12 in a row in the third set to beat Cashmere last week. Coach thinks this is a new School record. She is a great team player and she works really hard,” wrote Coach Gleasman/Coach Spanjer.
Other middle school nominees were:
- Holden Nichols– 8th Football – Stepped up when needed/team player.
- Rocio Sevilla– 8th Volleyball – Huge improvements, great contribution
- Aedan Kenck– 7th grade Football – Great work ethic and outstanding teammate.
- Aliyah Finch– Cross Country – Ran a great race, hard worker, always gives great effort.
Chelan Schools send out a big thank you to The Lakeview Drive In. They give each winner a $20 gift card each week. “We appreciate their support and generosity for all of our students. Thank you Michael Mack and family,” Rob Rainville said.
Congratulations to the WINNERS and all the Nominees.
(Submitted by Rob Rainville)